Nothing makes life so unbearable but the allergy! This disease can spoil your pleasant walk, trip or romantic evening. Incorrect therapeutic approach can only make matters worse, and just single manifestation can turn into a chronic form. That is why at the very first symptoms it is important to consult an allergist.
What does an allergist do?
An allergist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of allergic conditions that appear for a number of specific reasons.
An allergist at consultation:
- listens to your complaints about your health, examines you;
- identifies the causes of disease development during the conversation with you;
- prescribes the necessary diagnostic measures;
- after receiving the results the allergist prescribes treatment.
Oftimes an allergist can refer you for consultations by related specialists. Consultation with an immunologist, pulmonologist or gastroenterologist may be necessary.
When to see an allergist?
It is advisable to make an appointment with an allergist if you feel the following symptoms:
- runny or blocked nose, rheuma;
- watering, smarting eyes;
- frequent sneezing;
- itchy nose;
- shortness of breath, chest tightness, panting;
- skin rashes of various types and localization.
What diseases does an allergist treat in Sumy?
The most common allergic diseases that people of different ages face are:
- allergic rhinitis;
- allergic conjunctivitis;
- allergic contact dermatitis;
- medicines, food or insect-bite allergy etc .;
- bronchial asthma;
- atopic dermatitis;
- Quincke’s edema;
How to make an appointment with an allergist?
In the medical centre Eledia you have an opportunity to make an appointment with an allergist right at the reception. Here you can not only consult with a specialist, but also have allergen skin tests, getting the results within the shortest time possible! This significantly reduces the time for diagnosis. And in the treatment of allergies, it is better make no delay!
Do you have any signs of allergy? Then it’s time to act!