Dopplerography of head and neck vessels is one of the types of UDD, which allows to determine the rate of blood flow and the amount of blood mass in neck and head vessels, as well as to assess the condition of vessel walls, exclude or confirm the presence of cholesterol plaques, stratification of vessel walls, as well as their sagging and other pathologies.
When is Dopplerography of head and neck vessels prescribed?
This type of ultrasound diagnosis comes to help when the patient has the following symptoms:
- rapid appearance of fatigue;
- severe manifestation of weather dependence symptoms;
- frequent headaches and dizziness;
- noise, ringing in the head and ears;
- frequent loss of consciousness;
- presence of osteochondrosis;
- in children – hyperactivity, delay of speech apparatus development.
This type of ultrasonic diagnosis enables the diagnosis of diseases such as:
- atherosclerosis and inflammation of vascular walls;
- aneurysm of head and neck vessels;
- stroke and probability of its appearance;
- ischemic disease.
This procedure is painless and quite safe, and the only contraindication to it is the inability of the patient to adopt a horizontal position.