Kidney ultrasound is an absolutely painless and safe procedure that helps to assess kidney condition with ultrasound.
When should I have kidney USD done?
This type of examination is prescribed by the doctor nephrologist if the patient has the following symptoms:
- painful sensations in the lumbar part;
- urine has acquired an uncharacteristic color;
- swelling is observed during the day without obvious reasons;
- earlier inflammatory processes and kidney stones as well as STIs were noted;
- there are suspicions of neoplasms in the kidneys;
- there are injuries or defects of kidney development;
- urine tests have deviations from the norm;
- increase of body temperature;
- presence of flakes, clots, pus, blood sprouts in urine;
- thirst, dry mouth;
- increased blood pressure, which cannot be stopped with the drugs intended for this purpose.
Which diseases can be diagnosed with kidney ultrasound?
Diseases that will help detect kidney ultrasound include:
- pyelonephritis – inflammation of renal lochs;
- cysts and kidney tumors;
- inflammation of the tissues and body of the kidney – nephritis;
- presence of stone, sand and salts in the kidney body;
- appearance of disorders in kidney vessels.