USD of the eyeball is a method of ultrasonic diagnosis, which allows to assess the condition of tissues of the eyeball and its components, and therefore to detect various diseases of the eye in time.
Indications and contraindications for USD eyeballs:
There are a number of different conditions and symptoms that can serve as indications for the USD of eyeballs.
- eye pain (most often sharp, cutting);
- the presence of injuries to the optic nerve;
- deterioration in sight;
- injuries of an eyeball, eye-socket, presumable existence of foreign matters in an eye;
- any neoplasms in the eyeball;
- eye hemorrhages;
- suspected glaucoma, cataract, retinal detachment, etc;
- if the patient has surgery on the eyeball.
Contraindications for diagnosis are the severe condition of the patient, the presence of open injuries of the eyelid, eyeball and the eyeball itself. It is also not necessary to make an ultrasound of the eyeball to patients with acute infectious eye diseases.
What can be detected with the USD of the eyeball?
USD of the eyeball will help to diagnose pathologies of structural components of the eye, including myopia, cataract, astigmatism, retinal dystrophy, hypermetropia, eye inflammation centers, etc.